Quality Outcomes at Woodthorpe Hospital
We take the views of our patients very seriously and use their feedback to continually develop and improve our services.
All feedback from patients regarding their experiences at Woodthorpe Hospital are welcomed and inform service development in various ways dependent on the type of experience (both positive and negative) and action required to address them.
All positive feedback is relayed to the relevant staff to reinforce good practice and behaviour – letters and cards are displayed for staff to see in staff rooms and notice boards. Managers ensure that positive feedback from patients is recognised and any individuals mentioned are praised accordingly.
Feedback regarding the patient’s experience is encouraged in various ways via:
• Continuous patient satisfaction feedback via a web based invitation
• Hot alerts received within 48hrs of a patient making a comment on their web survey
• CQC patient surveys
• Friends and family questions asked on patient discharge
• Written feedback via letters/emails
• PROMs surveys
Recent Quality Statistics*
- 100% of inpatients asked said they were involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment
- 100% of inpatients asked said they could find someone on the hospital staff to talk to about their worries and concerns.
- 100% of outpatients asked said they were given enough privacy when being examined or treated
- 100% of outpatients asked said they were satisfied with the facilities, the cleanliness of the hospital the admissions procedures and the physiotherapy and radiography departments
*Statistics taken from the QaR Patient Satisfaction Survey for Inpatients and Outpatients (August 2017)
Friends and Family Survey*
Our Friends and Family survey is handed to patients when they are discharged from Woodthorpe Hospital,
- 98% of daycase patients said they are extremely likely to recommend the hospital
- 100% of inpatients said they are extremely likely to recommend the hospital
- 100% of private patients said they are extremely likely to recommend the hospital
*Statistics taken from Friends and Family Responses – September 2017
Some of the latest comments from our Friends and Family Surveys include:
- “Excellent professional care from everybody. The nursing team were extremely friendly and helpful (August 2017)
- “Immaculate hospital. Everywhere is really clean and staff are extremely friendly and very pleasant (September 2017)
- “Everyone is very friendly and made me feel at ease. Made me feel very special. Everything explained, Excellent. (September 2017)
- “I would recommend the hospital to family and friends because of the kind and attentive staff on every visit (September 2017)
- “All the staff from top to bottom have been fantastic, The rooms are quality and the food is fantastic.” (September 2017)
If you would like to leave patient feedback regarding your experience at Woodthorpe Hospital, click here